Clean Tech, Waste & Recycling at Corporate Fuel
The Corporate Fuel Waste, Recycling, and Clean Tech Group: dedicated to helping our clients realize the full value of their businesses.
Our team offers
- A complete selection of corporate finance advisory services
- Decades of operational experience leading waste and recycling businesses
- The full resources of Corporate Fuel Advisors, a 15-year-old New York City based boutique investment bank
- Access to Community Fuel, Corporate Fuel’s private equity investment fund
The Corporate Fuel Team has been active in these industry segments
- Solid Waste Management – Hazardous and Non-Hazardous Collection, Transfer and Disposal
- Recycling – Post-Consumer, Post-Industrial – Metals, Plastics, Fiber, Glass, Tires, etc.
- Alternative Fuels – Wind, Solar, Biomass, Food Waste
- Conversion Technologies – Fiber, Biomass, Plastics, Waste heat, E-waste, Battery, FOG
- Logistics – Trucking, Rail, Barge, Drones
- Sustainability – LEED, CO2 capture, etc.
Track record of success - current and recent engagements include
- Divestiture of a multi-regional bulk soils/mulch business
- Strategic advisory/capital raise for a NYC based hauling and recycling business
- Refinancing of a New Jersey based industrial recycling company
- Buyside acquisition advisory for a New England scrap metal business
- Strategic advisory for a PET recycler in upstate New York
- Capital raise for a glass beneficiation company
- Growth capital raise for a southeast based specialty hauling business
- Principal investment for a food waste hauler with anaerobic digester
- Strategic advisory for a North Carolina C&D Transfer Station
- Growth equity raise for energy efficiency service and software company
- Growth equity raise for wind power predictive maintenance company
- Growth capital raise for water treatment company
- Growth capital raise for environmental dry cleaning and precision cleaning company
Experienced, dedicated Leadership
Robert Lubin, Managing Director and Group Head
- More than 20 years of corporate finance advisory experience
- SVP HiWave Energy, a clean technology plastic-to-fuel conversion company
- Treasurer/New Business Development for Interstate Waste Services
- Vice President of Finance and Business Development of TransLoad America, a fully integrated solid waste recovery, conversion and disposal company
- Managing Director of Red Oak Rail Transport, a rail-based waste logistics business, and
- Group Head of Industrial and Growth Services Investment Banking Team at CIBC Oppenheimer
- Completed more than 30 engagements for waste management, recycling, transportation and industrial supplies companies
- Rob can be reached at email@example.com or by phone at (646)-572-0432.
Richard J. Serio, Senior Advisor
- Led GPB Capital’s Waste Management investment strategy
- Former Vice President at Covanta Energy
- New York and New Jersey Area President for Republic Services
- Market Vice President at Interstate Waste Services
- Market Vice President at Progressive Waste Solutions
- Rich can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (832)-215-4830
Mitchell Hauser – Managing Director – Growth Equity
- Founder of Strategic Ventures & Research, venture advisor to cleantech companies
- Managing Director at Watts Capital, cleantech-focused investment bank
- Partner at MCT Investors, private equity group focused on medical and communications technologies
- CEO of MariTEL – built a nationwide maritime wireless telecommunications network
- Mentor at Urban-X and NYSERDA
- Mitchell can be reached at email@example.com or by phone at (646) 572-0433
CORPORATE FUEL ADVISORS, a New York-based investment banking firm, provides a full range of advisory services to middle market companies. The firm advises on merges and acquisitions and raising debt and equity capital. CFA concentrates on small to mid-sized enterprises with revenue between $10 million and $200 million. The diverse experience of our partners and unique market focus allows us to bring an unmatched level of expertise to our clients. We conduct securities-related transactions through our wholly owned affiliate, Corporate Fuel Securities, LLC, a registered broker dealer subject to regulation by FINRA and SIPC.
More recent news
Strong M&A Market Despite Appearance of Some Economic Headwinds - Still a Good Time to Consider Selling a Business
M&A activity in North America continues at a robust pace this year with $849 billion of closed transactions for 4,754 deals in the first half of 2019. The post-recession trend of strategic and private equity sponsored activity continues at a strong pace for large and small deals alike, as shown in the chart below. If currently announced deals close this year, M&A activity will again cross the $2 trillion threshold in 2019 for the fifth consecutive year. While total dollar volume is skewed by a number of mega mergers, such as United Technologies $90 billion acquisition of Raytheon, the median size of all transactions over the past 5 years is less than $100 million, an important consideration for middle market companies as they assess M&A market conditions for their business.
Recruiting Private Company Board Members
Posted May 14, 2019
A belated happy new year to you.
In 2018 we advised some forty companies on a variety of M&A and corporate finance projects. Among them were five important transactions...
Realizing Full Value
Corporate Fuel helps successful businesses address the challenges of growth.Read our case studies