Case Studies and Management Partner Endorsements
Genisphere is a nanotechnology company and provider of an innovative DNA-based targeted drug delivery platform called 3DNA®. Genisphere seeks additional partnerships with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies that could benefit from the company’s platform technology, which is IP-protected and fully customizable to deliver small molecules, biologics, and nucleic acids in a highly targeted manner.
“We were managing this “orphaned” division of Datascope Corp., a subsidiary of, a global multi-billion dollar conglomerate, and had an opportunity to acquire the business via an MBO (management buyout). We selected Corporate Fuel as our financial partner and they provided the majority of the purchase equity and also carved out a very generous portion of the equity for existing management. They have treated us and our employees incredibly well and have supported the business operationally and financially through a series of six separate equity rounds. They also recruited an extremely strong and seasoned pharma industry CEO once the business was ready for that addition. We have now pivoted the business from its original diagnostics-focused model to a therapeutics-based business and are engaging with many of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. We couldn’t have gotten where we are without Corporate Fuel’s support and we’re profoundly grateful for their partnership and friendship.” Bob Getts (CSO) and Jim Kadushin (COO).
- Helped the business complete a series of major out licensing agreements for the legacy diagnostics business.
- Pivoted the focus of the business from diagnostics to therapeutics, helping engage with major pharmaceutical companies and formalizing collaboration agreements with key academic partners.
- Acted as CFO for the business and helped with much of the business development activities.
- Recruited a strong CEO with substantial pharma and licensing experience.
- Augmented the legal budget and refined the intellectual property process.
- Coordinated the spin-out of the allergy testing business, leading a $5m funding round (pending) and recruiting a CEO in the allergy testing industry.
- Established good corporate governance with outside, industry expert board members, regular board meetings and a disciplined focus on performance-vs-budget.
Ask Corporate Fuel
Contact us to find out how Corporate Fuel can help you realize the full value of your businessContact Us Today